Outline of the program
- Do real science with astrophysicists and climate scientists
- 10-15 students, organized into 5-6 research groups
- Program runs throughout the school year: September through the end of May
- 2 meetings a week, 2 hours each time
- Monthly workshops with the director and guest lecturers
- Students meet with their mentors at the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian and MIT
- At the end of the year, students will present their research in talks and posters as part of a symposium at Harvard
- Laptops and all other research equipment provided
- Stipends provided from multiple sources
At the end of the program, the students present their results in short talks and posters at a symposium hosted by Harvard University. Click on the links below to watch past years' symposia:
Apply for SRMP
For more information, visit here.
This program is supported in part by the Heising-Simons Foundation through the 51 Pegasi b fellowship, an NSF Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowship under award AST-1602595, the City of Cambridge, the Wolbach Library at the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian, members of Rotary Cambridge, and generous individuals. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.